Getting Started with DeskDirector
Admin Console : Getting Started
Enable/Disable Chat Callback Feature
Enabled/Disable Pre-Ticket Chat
Enable or Disable the 'Something Else' Option
Embedding Media as the Help Page
Portal Permissions in DeskDirector
FastTrack in DeskDirector
Setting Up and Using the VIP Priority
How to setup the Flag feature (ConnectWise)
Have Approvals go to Approvers according to site (ConnectWise)
Getting started with DeskDirector Forms
DeskDirector Forms - Question Types in Detail
DeskDirector Forms - Dynamic Fields
DeskDirector Forms - Sections and Conditionals
DeskDirector Forms - Embed content
DeskDirector Forms - Title Automation
Importing Wufoo Forms to DD Forms
Managing Contacts in DeskDirector
Exporting Contacts as CSV
Ticket Group Permissions
Intro to Menu Items
Creating Menu Items
Extension Menu Security and Query Paramaters
Adding BiggerBrains Menu Item
Getting Started with the Learning Center
How to change the name of the Learning Center
Useful Learning Center Tips - Adding files from Google and Dropbox
Default Ticket Board and Source
Setting up your Approval Statuses
Adding a VIP Priority via the Admin Console
Automatic Contact Creation
Setting Reopened Ticket Status
Setting Status when Ticket is Closed
Change Ticket Status when Customer Adds Note
PSA Integration (ConnectWise/Autotask)
Setting Office Hours
Enabling OAuth (Microsoft Login) for DeskDirector Portal
Logging in with Passwordless
Global Magic Token: Logging in via URL
Email Notifications Overview
Setting up Office 365 Mail Delivery
Setting up SMTP Server Mail Delivery
Getting Started with Email Template Engine - DeskDirector
Creating Custom Email Template
Setting Email Templates for Notification Events
Email Templates Auto Login Link
HTML Email Templates - ConnectWise
HTML Email Templates - Autotask
ConnectWise Sell (previously Quosal)
How to configure ConnectWise Sell (previously Quosal) Order Porter integration
Adding ConnectWise Sell (previously Quosal) Order Porter link to opportunity
How to setup the DeskDirector Flow Connector
How to share the DeskDirector Flow Connector
DeskDirector Flow Connector Reference
DeskDirector Flow Connector Ticket Event Payload Reference
Flow integration example - Microsoft Teams notifications
Flow integration example - DD Forms
Flow integration example - workflow with user interactions
Deleting Orphaned Tickets
ConnectWise API Integration Tester
Autotask Data Sync
Diagnose Entities Tool
Tech Portal : Getting Started
Managing Tickets from the Tech Portal
Tech Portal Ticket Details
Creating a Ticket from the Tech Portal
Request more information (forms request) with Task Forms
Getting Started with DeskDirector Chat
Handling Chat Requests
Viewing Chat History from the Tech Portal
Creating a Chat Session from the Tech Portal
Changing your Presence
"Pre-Ticket Chat" Feature
"Call me Back" Feature
Client Portal : Getting Started
Creating a Ticket from the Client Portal
Submitting a Generic Ticket
Creating a Chat Session from the Client Portal
Viewing Chat History from the Client Portal
Quotes & Invoices
Logging in to DeskDirector Workflow
Tickets & Chats
Notifications & Broadcasts
Custom Forms & Request Types
Custom Email Templates
Approvals in DeskDirector
Advanced Authentication. No password, Single Sign On, MFA and beyond?
Other DeskDirector Features
How Tos & FAQs
APIs and Integration
Creating an Integrator Login in ConnectWise (SOAP API)
Creating a ConnectWise RESTful API Key
Creating an integrator API resource in Autotask
Autotask 2020.3 integration (API) resource migration
How User Authentication works in DeskDirector
Setting/Resetting a Contact's Password
Logging in with Active Directory
Diagnosing Automatic Login Issues
Installing the DeskDirector Desktop Portal
Diagnosing DeskDirector Desktop Portal Issues
Diagnosing login problems using the new DDGetSID CLI tool
Antivirus Blocking DeskDirector Portal Installation
Troubleshooting your DeskDirector Portal installation
DD Portal for Mac: Labtech Deployment Guide
DDPortal removal tool - uninstalling Windows portals
Instance & Account Queries
Setting up your custom domain
3000 Contact Limit FAQs
Finding out what server your DeskDirector instance is on.
How search works in DeskDirector products
Adding and removing features from your DD Portal Advantage plan
Portal and User Issues
User can't log in
DeskDirector Portal Browser Support
Contact can't login portal, the contact is missing in admin console but it is in ConnectWise
DeskDirector Tech Portal - How to take advantage of browser tabs
Add DeskDirector Tech Portal as a Custom Menu item inside ConnectWise Manage
Sign in with Microsoft Issue in Tech or Admin Console - "Need Admin Approval"
How do we set a landing page for the client portal?
User can't see "All Tickets" option
Tickets are missing in DeskDirector but they are on my PSA
My customer is seeing deleted tickets in portal
Ticket Description missing on ConnectWise emails
Top 10 Request Types
Generic vs Customized Request Types
Desktop Portal (Installed client) Vs. Web Portal (Web Client)
Subscribing to Chat Webhooks
Portal Deep Linking
Webhook Example with Zapier
Chat Session Payload
Legacy URL Linking in DeskDirector
Get started with portal extension page demo
Dynamic content based on logged in user
Portal Release Notes - Windows/macOS
Differences Between Desktop Portal v2 and v3/v4
Portal Release Notes - Web Client
Updated by Edcel Ceniza
What are request types?
Request types are used by end-users to submit tickets to your portal. This article will take you through request types and how to configure them. To begin, login to your admin console and go to Portal > Request Types where you will see a list of your request types.
Request Types List
This is the main page when managing Request Types. From here you are able to:
- Create Type: You can easily create new request types by hitting the blue button or the dropdown arrow beside it to attach it to an existing form. More information will be provided below.
- Test Types: You can test companies and contacts against existing request types to see which of them they have access to. You can also login as any contact by using our other awesome feature: Impersonation.
- Copy setting: Using this button, you can copy setting from one request type to another; you can copy the filter settings here or any of the ticket settings (board/queue, type, subtype, etc).
- Exports: You can use this button to export your current request types.
- Search: Go through your existing request type easier by using the search form
Creating a New Request Type
There are 2 ways to create a new request type from the main Request Types list page (see screengrab above for actual reference of behavior):
- Create Type: Using this button, you will be asked to provide a category name (parent) and the request type name. By giving a parent name, you are able to split the support request into 2 levels and group related request types together. You will be redirected to a new page upon clicking on "Create" to continue with the request type setup.
- Forms: Using this option, you create a request type based off an existing form. The created request type will inherit the name of the form you selected and it will appear on the request type list. To configure it further, just click on the name of the newly-created request type.
No matter which option was chosen to create the request type, configuring them is done using these tabs: General, Ticket, Filter .
Creating a new Request Type - GENERAL
The General tab is where you add Enable/Disable the request type, add tags, category, request type name and attach a form.
Creating a New Type - TICKET
The Ticket tab is where the ticket created by the request type should be set to: the status, priority, source and others. The ticket tab for ConnectWise and AutoInstance instance are not identical. Here are screenshots showing the ticket tab of each instance, and the options/fields available for finetuning tickets created from the request types.
Ticket tab - AutoTask instance
Ticket tab - ConnectWise instance
Creating a New Type - FILTER
The filter tab is DD Forms' filtering system. This allows a great deal of flexibility when it comes to managing permissions - which company/contact has access to the request type.
- Global Access. This defines the default access level of this type. Global on means that everyone will have access to this type, global off means that no-one will have access to this type. It also changes the functions of some of the buttons (from exclude buttons to include).
- Add Exceptions. If Global Access is set to on, this button will allow you to exclude companies and contacts from accessing this portal type. If Global Access is off, it will allow you to include companies and contacts.
- Company exclusion. Contacts from this company will not have access to this portal type by default, unless you drill down another layer and give specific contacts access (4)
- Contact inclusion. This contact's company has been excluded from using this type, however, they have been included and will be able to use it.
For any changes made to the filter to allow/restrict access to a specific company/contact, a filter summary is displayed next to your filter to help explain what the filter will be doing.