While setting up a new client with DeskDirector one of the biggest questions you may have is "what is this going to look like for this client?". Previously, you would have had to set (or reset) a password for a user and manually log in using the desktop version (which would require you to clear your login information) or login using the web version; but now, with impersonation, it takes just a single click.
How to use it
Simply head to Impersonate Contacts under Access Control in the Admin Console.
- From here you will be able to search for a particular contact by name, email, or company name
- Hit this link and a new tab will open. You will be taken to the web version of DeskDirector logged in as that user.
When to use it
When you are about to give a new client access to DeskDirector you should always check what those users will experience. Use it to:
- make sure that VIPs will log tickets into the VIP priority
- make sure you're happy with the portal types that will be available for those contacts
- make sure access to invoices and recommendations has been given to the correct contacts
- make sure approvers have access to the approvals section
- make sure the chat button will appear to the correct contacts (must have web chat enabled)
- make sure other features appear; flag (ConnectWise), Fasttrack, and Reopen ticket