How to configure QuoteWerks integration
DeskDirector integrates with QuoteWerks by having QuoteWerks send quote details and the Quote Valet URL to our database. These will then show under the recommendations section of DeskDirector.
Clients will need the Recommendations permission to be able to see these quotes and will be able to see all quotes produced for their company.
1. Enable the QuoteWerks integration in the DeskDirector Admin Console
1.1. Select QuoteWerks from the Integrations tab then select Enable QuoteWerks
1.3. Add the statuses that you want clients to be able to see
- Add the QuoteWerks quote statuses that you want clients to see as Open to the Open Status List
- Add the QuoteWerks quote statuses that you want clients to see as Closed to the Closed Status List
2. Save QuoteWerks Script to QuoteWerks Folder
3. Add scripting lines to SITE.INI file
*Skip this step to 3A if you're using QuoteWerks v5.2 or later.
- Open SITE.INI from the root of the QuoteWerks application folder
- Add the following lines to the end of the file and save it
[Scripting] BeforePrintDocument=deskdirector.qwscript AfterSaveDocument=deskdirector.qwscript
3A. Create Database entries
* You'll only have to do this step if you're using QuoteWerks 5.2 or later.
- Open the settings manager in QuoteWerks. You can access this by navigating to Help -> About -> System -> Settings Manager.
- Create the following settings, you can do this by clicking the yellow button.
Table: SystemSettings Section: Scripting KeyName: AfterSaveDocument KeyValue: C:\Applications\QuoteWerks\deskdirector.qwscript (point this to the script) Table: SystemSettings Section: Scripting KeyName: BeforePrintDocument KeyValue: C:\Applications\QuoteWerks\deskdirector.qwscript (point this to the script)
4. Restart QuoteWerks and you are all set
After you restart QuoteWerks whenever you Save or Print a quote it will update DeskDirector with the quote, including the QuoteValet URL and clients will start seeing these quotes in the DeskDirector client under the Recommendations section