Getting Started with DD Chat
"Pre-Ticket Chat" Feature
"Call me Back" Feature
Creating a Chat Session
Handling Chat Requests
Changing your Presence
Subscribing to Webhooks
Viewing Chat History
Getting Started with Broadcasts
Who Can Send a Broadcast
Sending a Broadcast
DeskDirector Forms and Request Types
Importing Wufoo Forms to DD Forms
Getting started with DeskDirector Forms
DeskDirector Forms - Question Types in Detail
DeskDirector Forms - Webhooks
Setting up Request Types
DeskDirector Forms - Dynamic Fields
Request Type Ordering
Enable or Disable the 'Something Else' Option
DeskDirector Forms - Sections and Conditionals
Ticket Title Automation
Bigger Brains - How to allow access to your clients
Useful Learning Center Tips - Adding files from Google and Dropbox
Getting Started with the Learning Center
How to change the name of the Learning Center
Learning in DeskDirector
Quotes & Invoices
Branding & Customization
Get Started with Email Template Engine - DeskDirector
HTML Email Templates - ConnectWise
HTML Email Templates - Autotask
Avatars in DDPortal
DeskDirector Web Branding
Theming in DeskDirector
New Features and UI Designs
Enabling OAuth for DDPortal
How User Authentication works in DeskDirector
Diagnosing Automatic Login Issues
Logging in with a Username + Password
Logging in via URL
Logging in with Passwordless
Logging in with Active Directory
Adding Media to Play When First Launching the Client
The Flag feature (CW Only)
"Ensure VIP ticket's priority" Feature
Setting Up and Using the VIP Priority
FastTrack in DeskDirector
Contact Creation Rule
Customer Closed Tickets.
Change Ticket Status when Customer Adds Note
Portal for Windows
Getting Started with DD Portal
Installing DD Portal
Diagnosing login problems using the new DDGetSID CLI tool
Uninstall Script for DDPortal
DD Portal for Windows: LabTech Deployment Guide
DD Portal For Windows: N-central/N-able Deployment Guide
Troubleshooting your DeskDirector Portal installation
Differences Between Portal for Desktop v2 and v3
Portal for Mac
Account & FAQ
Portal and User Issues
Instance & Account Queries
Logging into the Admin Console.
3000 contact limit FAQ
The Admin Console Dashboard
Adding and removing features from your DD Portal Advantage plan
Finding out what server your DeskDirector instance is on.
Enabling Master Admin
Creating an Integrator Login in ConnectWise (SOAP API)
Top 10 Request Types
Getting Started - Admin Console
Frequently Asked Questions
Creating a ConnectWise RESTful API Key
CSV Reporting Tool
Generic vs Customized Request Types
DDPortal (Installed client) Vs. DDWeb (Web Client)
Creating an integrator resource in Autotask
My customer is seeing deleted tickets in portal
Contact can't login portal, the contact is missing in admin console but it is in ConnectWise
Connectwise Sell (previously Quosal)
How to configure ConnectWise Sell (previously Quosal) Order Porter integration
Adding ConnectWise Sell (previously Quosal) Order Porter link to opportunity
Common WuFoo errors
Changing the Summary of Wufoo Tickets
Creating your first Wufoo form
Adding Wufoo Forms To Request Support
Getting started with WuFoo Forms
Debugging Your Wufoo Integration
Portal Release Notes - Windows/macOS
Portal Release Notes - Web Client
Advanced Use Case
Updated by Aaron Corney
In this article, I will be running over a simple example of leveraging Webhooks with Zapier.
Although the free tier has limitations, signing up for a Zapier account is great to use for testing.
Our customer Aaron Corney has been playing around with Webhooks recently, and his manager has requested to be notified via email every time he logs a ticket.
Creating the Webhook on Zapier
- Sign into Zapier
- Create a new Webhook
- Set the trigger to Catch Hook
- Save & Continue
- This will generate out Custom Webhook URL
- Copy this to your clipboard
- We will now need to subscribe to this URL from our DeskDirector Admin Console
- DD Admin Console > Advanced > DeskDirector API > Webhook.
- Our event filter is "New Ticket" - this will post whenever a New Ticket is created using DeskDirector.
- Our description is "DeskDirector Test" - name your Webhook so it is easily identifiable
- We will paste in our URL and click Subscribe
- Back on Zapier, we will select "OK, I did this"
- Zapier will now listen for the Webhook to be triggered, since we selected "New Ticket", we will have to create a ticket.
- If successful, our New Ticket would trigger and be picked up by Zapier.
- We now want to filter this result, so the Zap is only run when the contact_name variable is equal to "Aaron Corney".
- We will create a filter as step 2, where the "Contact Name" needs to exactly match "Aaron Corney" to continue.
- From here, Zapier offers a large amount of possibilities. However for this example, we will just send an email using Zapier's built in email tool.
- We will create a 3rd action using the settings below.
- Once saved and enabled, we will now receive an email whenever Aaron Corney logs a ticket.