Getting Started with DD Chat
"Pre-Ticket Chat" Feature
"Call me Back" Feature
Creating a Chat Session
Handling Chat Requests
Changing your Presence
Subscribing to Webhooks
Viewing Chat History
Getting Started with Broadcasts
Who Can Send a Broadcast
Sending a Broadcast
DeskDirector Forms and Request Types
Importing Wufoo Forms to DD Forms
Getting started with DeskDirector Forms
DeskDirector Forms - Question Types in Detail
DeskDirector Forms - Webhooks
Setting up Request Types
DeskDirector Forms - Dynamic Fields
Request Type Ordering
Enable or Disable the 'Something Else' Option
DeskDirector Forms - Sections and Conditionals
Ticket Title Automation
Bigger Brains - How to allow access to your clients
Useful Learning Center Tips - Adding files from Google and Dropbox
Getting Started with the Learning Center
How to change the name of the Learning Center
Learning in DeskDirector
Quotes & Invoices
Branding & Customization
Get Started with Email Template Engine - DeskDirector
HTML Email Templates - ConnectWise
HTML Email Templates - Autotask
Avatars in DDPortal
DeskDirector Web Branding
Theming in DeskDirector
New Features and UI Designs
Enabling OAuth for DDPortal
How User Authentication works in DeskDirector
Diagnosing Automatic Login Issues
Logging in with a Username + Password
Logging in via URL
Logging in with Passwordless
Logging in with Active Directory
Adding Media to Play When First Launching the Client
The Flag feature (CW Only)
"Ensure VIP ticket's priority" Feature
Setting Up and Using the VIP Priority
FastTrack in DeskDirector
Contact Creation Rule
Customer Closed Tickets.
Change Ticket Status when Customer Adds Note
Portal for Windows
Getting Started with DD Portal
Installing DD Portal
Diagnosing login problems using the new DDGetSID CLI tool
Uninstall Script for DDPortal
DD Portal for Windows: LabTech Deployment Guide
DD Portal For Windows: N-central/N-able Deployment Guide
Troubleshooting your DeskDirector Portal installation
Differences Between Portal for Desktop v2 and v3
Portal for Mac
Account & FAQ
Portal and User Issues
Instance & Account Queries
Logging into the Admin Console.
3000 contact limit FAQ
The Admin Console Dashboard
Adding and removing features from your DD Portal Advantage plan
Finding out what server your DeskDirector instance is on.
Enabling Master Admin
Creating an Integrator Login in ConnectWise (SOAP API)
Top 10 Request Types
Getting Started - Admin Console
Frequently Asked Questions
Creating a ConnectWise RESTful API Key
CSV Reporting Tool
Generic vs Customized Request Types
DDPortal (Installed client) Vs. DDWeb (Web Client)
Creating an integrator resource in Autotask
My customer is seeing deleted tickets in portal
Contact can't login portal, the contact is missing in admin console but it is in ConnectWise
Connectwise Sell (previously Quosal)
How to configure ConnectWise Sell (previously Quosal) Order Porter integration
Adding ConnectWise Sell (previously Quosal) Order Porter link to opportunity
Common WuFoo errors
Changing the Summary of Wufoo Tickets
Creating your first Wufoo form
Adding Wufoo Forms To Request Support
Getting started with WuFoo Forms
Debugging Your Wufoo Integration
Portal Release Notes - Windows/macOS
Portal Release Notes - Web Client
Advanced Use Case
Updated by Jason He
Integration with Autotask used to rely on active resource's credential to be able to access Autotask's integration API(Application programming interface). There was a side issue when using an active resource as a source for integration.
- When active resource changed their password, while DeskDirector server still uses old credential, this caused Autotask to block active resource's access because failed API request attempt.
- The permission of active resource has direct affect on the integrator. This causes troubles where customers often have to create paid active resource specifically for the integrator, or they have to give one of active resources who have admin privileges.
Autotask has now introduced an API user security level for resources. An Autotask customer can create an API user with no additional cost. It resolves issues integrator had with normal resource account.
Autotask has also introduced their new API 1.6 at end of 2018, which API User security level is now required to access API v1.6. It is essential for existing and new DeskDirector customers to create integrator resource that has API user security level.
In this article, we will lead you through steps on how to create integrator resource.
1. From the Autotask menu, click Admin, then click Resources (Users) and then click New.
2. On the General tab, enter a name of your choosing. You should also use a functioning email address at your company.
3. On the Security tab, create your login credentials and set the Security Level to API User (System).
4. In the API Tracking Identifier Section, Select Integration Vendor and choose DeskDirector - DeskDirector Portal
5. Under HR, Approvers and Associations tab. Please also fill out necessary required fields.
6. When you're done filling in the required fields, click Save & Close. You now have integrator resource for DeskDirector.