Creating your Branded Client and Staff HUD
1. Log in to the Portal
Head over to https://portal.deskdirector.com and log in using your credentials. Once logged in, click Edit.
2. Edit your branding
This is where you can create your branded Client and Staff HUD. At the top there is a drop-down menu to select which brand or sub-brand you want to change. You can create more than one sub-brand if you have multiple clients that all want their own logos and icons for their apps.
- Brand name is just the name used to identify each separate brand.
- Shortcut Name is what the DeskDirector Client application will be called on the desktop icon and in the Start menu, e.g. "Launch AwesomeMSP Support"
- DeskDirector Name is the title of the DeskDirector Client, which is shown in the Title Bar of the window, e.g. "AwesomeMSP Support"
- HUD Name, similarly, is the title of the DeskDirector Staff HUD, which is shown in the Title Bar of the window, e.g. "AwesomeMSP HUD"
- HUD Shortcut Name is the name of the desktop shortcut and Start menu entry for the Staff HUD, e.g. "Launch AwesomeMSP Staff HUD"
- The Hotkey and Hotkey Modifier are used to open the Client (not the Staff HUD) when it is minimized to the system tray. By default this is set to Ctrl + F12. Keep in mind that any other programs that share this combination will also register when it it used, so if you leave the modifier blank, then pressing F12 will call the Save As function in Microsoft Office for example.
- If you have Run In Systemtray ticked, the application will create an icon in the system tray. The icon for the Client provides links to Request Support, My Tickets, and Settings. It also lets you Refresh the Client Config, which will update the window with any changes you've made on your Admin Console page (e.g. enabling/disabling Recommendations, Learning, etc.). The icon for the Staff HUD lets you change the default Chat Welcome and Goodbye messages via Settings. You can also Reconnect to Chat if you have been disconnected or closed it.
- Add To Startup simply causes the applications to run when Windows starts up. The client launches in the System Tray by default, so you will need to open it, either by using your assigned Hotkey combination or selecting Open from the system tray icon's right-click menu.
- If Show System Tray Balloon is ticked, when the application is closed, and Run In Systemtray is enabled, the application will be minimized to the system tray, and a balloon will pop up notifying the user of this. The user can then click this balloon to not show this again.
- Disable Browser Resize prevents the in-app browser from resizing the window. This is on by default. If you wish to turn it off, keep in mind that when accessing pages like the Learning Center, the window will maximize itself to view articles.
- Finally we have the icon and logo settings. This is where you change the desktop icon and in-app logo. Simply click Choose File and find the icon/logo file you wish to use. Then click Upload and your chosen file will be saved to our system. The next time you generate your Client and Staff HUD the new logo and icon will be used.