How to have open a ticket in DeskDirector from ConnectWise and elsewhere
This article explains how you can have a ticket open inside DeskDirector's Staff HUD from ConnectWise or from an email or website (frankly anywhere you can add a URL).
Note this needs ConnectWise v2014.2 for the ConnectWise popping.
How to 'pop' a ticket in DeskDirector from ConnectWise
3. Create a new link based on the Service Table
- Call the Link Name whatever you will like, this is what you will chose when viewing a ticket
- Set the Table Reference to Service
- Set the Link Definition to ddagent:///ticketid=[srnumber] (Be sure to use 3 slashes)
4. The link will appear on any ticket you open
- With a ticket open chose the link from the Links section
- Click the link to open the ticket in DeskDirector
5. The ticket will open in DeskDirector
This also works if you add or access ConnectWise inside our Staff HUD from a "Ticket session tab" or if you have ConnectWise as a "Main tab"
How to 'pop' a ticket in DeskDirector from elsewhere
You can also have a ticket open in DeskDirector from anywhere by simply using the following syntax
Simply replace [ticket number] with the ConnectWise ticket number