Getting Started with DD Chat
"Pre-Ticket Chat" Feature
"Call me Back" Feature
Creating a Chat Session
Handling Chat Requests
Changing your Presence
Subscribing to Webhooks
Viewing Chat History
Getting Started with Broadcasts
Who Can Send a Broadcast
Sending a Broadcast
DeskDirector Forms and Request Types
Importing Wufoo Forms to DD Forms
Getting started with DeskDirector Forms
DeskDirector Forms - Question Types in Detail
DeskDirector Forms - Webhooks
Setting up Request Types
DeskDirector Forms - Dynamic Fields
Request Type Ordering
Enable or Disable the 'Something Else' Option
DeskDirector Forms - Sections and Conditionals
Ticket Title Automation
Bigger Brains - How to allow access to your clients
Useful Learning Center Tips - Adding files from Google and Dropbox
Getting Started with the Learning Center
How to change the name of the Learning Center
Learning in DeskDirector
Quotes & Invoices
Branding & Customization
Get Started with Email Template Engine - DeskDirector
HTML Email Templates - ConnectWise
HTML Email Templates - Autotask
Avatars in DDPortal
DeskDirector Web Branding
Theming in DeskDirector
New Features and UI Designs
Enabling OAuth for DDPortal
How User Authentication works in DeskDirector
Diagnosing Automatic Login Issues
Logging in with a Username + Password
Logging in via URL
Logging in with Passwordless
Logging in with Active Directory
Adding Media to Play When First Launching the Client
The Flag feature (CW Only)
"Ensure VIP ticket's priority" Feature
Setting Up and Using the VIP Priority
FastTrack in DeskDirector
Contact Creation Rule
Customer Closed Tickets.
Change Ticket Status when Customer Adds Note
Portal for Windows
Getting Started with DD Portal
Installing DD Portal
Diagnosing login problems using the new DDGetSID CLI tool
Uninstall Script for DDPortal
DD Portal for Windows: LabTech Deployment Guide
DD Portal For Windows: N-central/N-able Deployment Guide
Troubleshooting your DeskDirector Portal installation
Differences Between Portal for Desktop v2 and v3
Portal for Mac
Account & FAQ
Portal and User Issues
Instance & Account Queries
Logging into the Admin Console.
3000 contact limit FAQ
The Admin Console Dashboard
Adding and removing features from your DD Portal Advantage plan
Finding out what server your DeskDirector instance is on.
Enabling Master Admin
Creating an Integrator Login in ConnectWise (SOAP API)
Top 10 Request Types
Getting Started - Admin Console
Frequently Asked Questions
Creating a ConnectWise RESTful API Key
CSV Reporting Tool
Generic vs Customized Request Types
DDPortal (Installed client) Vs. DDWeb (Web Client)
Creating an integrator resource in Autotask
My customer is seeing deleted tickets in portal
Contact can't login portal, the contact is missing in admin console but it is in ConnectWise
Connectwise Sell (previously Quosal)
How to configure ConnectWise Sell (previously Quosal) Order Porter integration
Adding ConnectWise Sell (previously Quosal) Order Porter link to opportunity
Common WuFoo errors
Changing the Summary of Wufoo Tickets
Creating your first Wufoo form
Adding Wufoo Forms To Request Support
Getting started with WuFoo Forms
Debugging Your Wufoo Integration
Portal Release Notes - Windows/macOS
Portal Release Notes - Web Client
Advanced Use Case
This guide covers the basics of using LabTech to deploy DDPortal for Windows, you may have to add in or edit some steps depending on your environment. You can view or download this script here.
2. Function: Shell
- Command: mkdir %windir%\ltsvc\packages\deskdirector
- Purpose: Creates a deskdirector folder in the %windir%\ltsvc\packages\ directory.
3. Function: File Download URL
- URL: You can retrieve this from the downloads tab of the DD Portal Installer page in your Admin Console. Make sure to encode any spaces e.g. https://downloads.deskdirector.com/lincolnlam/DeskDirector for Windows.msi would be https://downloads.deskdirector.com/lincolnlam/DeskDirector%20for%20Windows.msi
- Local File: %windir%\ltsvc\packages\deskdirector\DDPortal.msi
- Wait until finished.
- Purpose: Downloads the DD Portal MSI and stores it in the deskdirector folder we created in step 2. The script waits until this download is completed.
4. Function: IF File Check
- File Path: %windir%\ltsvc\packages\deskdirector\DDPortal.msi
- Compare: Exists
- Label to jump to: :runMSI
- Purpose: Checks if the MSI has been successfully downloaded. If it has then we'll skip steps 5-6.
5. Function: Script Log Message
- Message: %windir%\ltsvc\packages\deskdirector\DDPortal.msi was not found. Download may have failed, please make sure the agent can download the file.
- Purpose: Debugging purposes.
6. Function: Script Exit with Error
- Purpose: Exits the script since we can't find the MSI.
7. Function: Script Note
- Remark: :runMSI
- Purpose: Used as a reference point for step 4, we have confirmed that the MSI exists so now we'll run it.
8. Function: Shell
- Command: msiexec /i %windir%\LTSvc\packages\deskdirector\DDPortal.msi /qn
- Purpose: We run the DDPortal msi.
- This creates a folder in %windir%\Program Files (x86) the folder will be named after your product name on the DD Portal installer page of your admin console. The folder contains a exe file called deskdirectorportal.exe which installs the application.
- This also creates a registry key under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run (or the equivalent for a 32-bit OS) which will run the .exe on startup.
- In theory we could force the user to restart here and DD Portal will install for them (as the registry key will automatically run deskdirectorportal.exe) but this script avoids doing that.
9-12: Just like steps 4-7: We check if the msi has been run successfully i.e deskdirectorportal.exe exists, if it doesn't exist we log this and stop the script. If it exists we process to run the exe.
13. Function: If Console Logged On
- Label to Jump to or Steps to skip: !
- Purpose: Check if the user is logged on. This way we know we can run the .exe
14. Function: Console Execute
- Executable: %ProgramFiles(x86)%\DeskDirector for Windows Installer\deskdirectorportal.exe
- Arguments: -s
- Purpose: Runs the .exe and silently installs the application. After this step is complete your DeskDirector icon should appear in their system tray.
15. Function: Resend Software
- Purpose: Instructs the agent to update current software information